Friday, April 1, 2011

Land Shark-I'm Only A Dolphin Ma'am

Land Shark
click this to view the SNL sketch



Mammogram- the word makes me think of the Landshark skit from Saturday Night Live, I can't hear the word without the voice of Chevy Chase running through my mind ,of course, first comes the knock knock - "Mrs. Cagle, flowers,-- plumber,-- candy,-- mammogram". Yes, the little voice inside my head is kooky.

Well, today was my special day, the mammogram day and I was not looking forward to it.  Although I'd been told that after having my first child all sense of modesty would be gone, let me assure you that after four babies it IS still intact.

Nakedness in front of strangers is not my thing, nakedness in front of people I know is not my thing.
I'm guessing the technician thought chatting would make the process less awkward ..I don't know. For me, not so much. Discussing my kids and the strange weather of late as she manipulated, smashed and pressed, really didn't do a thing for me. I did decide this type of conversation needed it's own word- one that aptly portrays the strangeness of the exchange. Oh, but what to call it- "boobie babble", "ta-ta talk", "cha-cha chatter". Your ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment