Thursday, July 14, 2022

Shattered

I am in mourning for the life I wished for my son. For the dreams I had for his life. Drugs and addiction have taken everything I had hoped for him away. I've made excuses and looked for the "why" and I am exhausted. I'm drained. Our family is drained, emotionally, financially I feel broken in spirit. I know I am not alone.  Every time our son calls we die a little bit more. The fear of will it be he's in jail or is he dead?  Unless there's a change soon those are the calls I am expecting---Tracey
                                   

I wrote that paragraph almost a year ago, I started a post back then and for all the feedback I've gotten from friends, customers, and readers about my transparency I just couldn't share it. It's mortifying as a mom, as a Christian, as a member of a small community to make this admission but here it is and the calls did come. But It's the one that came this week, the one that will make or break him. It's definitely breaking me. 

How do you tell people when they ask about your kids that your sweet, blonde haired, blue eyed baby boy is in jail? His potential thwarted by poor choices, his decisions made under the influence of any number of 
ingested, inhaled, injected substances. He is facing serious consequences as he should, as we all do when we test boundaries that should not be tested. 


We have hope, we still have hope. My baby will always be my baby and the love I have for him is written in every cell of my being and while this is no doubt not the path God planned for him to be on, it is the path he is on. My prayer now is that the consequences will have impact for future good,  that my son will draw strength from God that he will return to a right relationship with Him, that he will be able to be close with us, his family again, that he will come to have a  testimony that will bring others to Christ.  

I'm so glad that God can see his heart and knows his motivations and loves him still. My own heart is hurting God knows that too.  Forever and always my baby you'll be.





John 10:28, CSB: I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one will snatch them out of my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment