Friday, January 21, 2011

The Big Why?

Why is it that when we are in the moment, it is so impossible to see past it? It's true in times of joy, it's truer still  in our sorrows.

There's a country song by Patti Loveless from several years back, the gist of the song is about love and loss and life's constant change. One line says, "it's okay to hurt, it's okay to cry, come let me help you say goodbye".  Some folks we know are facing a terrible goodbye. An untimely one, one that was preventable and one that leaves many people hurting and searching their hearts for answers in it's wake.

I know that I am looking back at missed opportunities, chances to have said or shown the love and concern a Christian sister should have and all the while knowing that this was the work of satan.
In our weakness, he strikes whispering awful words to our spirit. The ones that cause us to doubt God, to lose hope, to only see the pain of now  and believe that this is all that's left in life.

While this situation leaves me heartbroken and aching for the ones left to carry on. It also makes me angry...I know God is the ultimate victor but why must the casualties of this war be so many?

2 comments:

  1. I prayed for you today. God brought to my mind that you would feel that you missed an opportunity. I don't believe you did. As much as we all wish we could have done something...anything...I don't believe we could have. God can take even this and make it work for his glory and we have to believe he will.

    ReplyDelete