Friday, September 14, 2012

Filled to the Max

In my Christian walk, God at times feels nearer to me than others.  There have been times when I have not only felt His presence but actually known that He is speaking to my spirit.  In those moments I have cried out to Him to reveal even more of Himself to me because I want to know all of Him.  The same sort of feeling I have when I taste something so delicious that portion control is out of the question.

 I feel that He has answered my plea time and again. At times His Holy Spirit has overtaken me and the joy I felt has been so overwhelming that I then recant my plea and say "Please stop. No more, I can't take anymore".  

I eagerly  await  the day when I shall talk to my God not from far away and not in this mortal body but in His kingdom and there I will be able to experience a completeness of  knowledge that this flesh won't allow.
David says it well in Psalm 63:5 when he says of God, "You satisfy me more than the richest feast." and I might add even more than a second helping of  chocolate cake.


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful scripture and reminder of the greatness of God today!

    ReplyDelete