Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Show me the money, please

  I am  addicted to Pinterest, I confess.  I am hooked, or maybe pinned, I don't really know.  Boards with recipes, cute clothes, quotes and decorating ideas,  such a great idea. Why didn't I come up with it? Don't you ask yourself that all the time? Every time I find a cool new product or website, I wonder that.

Sometimes, I have a great idea only to discover that someone else had it long before me. A recent example is the laptop cooling station.  When my computer began overheating, I started putting it on a small counter top fan and  it stopped shutting down, so I thought Tracey you are one clever woman. The only problem is that the computer wasn't level and kept falling off.  I told Sparta we should develop a computer sized fan because surely we were not the only ones with such a problem. A little research showed I was correct and a couple of years late.  I am really loving my laptop fan and it only cost $20.

Back in the early 90's, I thought home delivery and pick up of movie rentals was a good idea. Didn't act on it and now there's Netflix. Of course, at the time the rentals were VHS and mailing would have been bulky and not cost effective.  Ahead of my time, perhaps?

Paperclips, liquid paper, post-it notes, pet rocks, silly bands,clips to hold your sunglasses to the visor, "key-finder" key rings and some of those crazy phone apps- all things that are as simple as they were successful.

Oh well, maybe someday my ideas and the universe will be aligned.

No comments:

Post a Comment