Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy 2012!!

Well, the holiday season is over. School is back in session and the time for a new routine is now. As 2012 begins, I vow to lose the 15 pounds I put back on in 2011.  I will eat breakfasts high in protein, I will find some form of physical activity that I can stick with, I will remove the junk food from my house and I will maintain a (cough, cough)positive attitude and (ahem)sunny disposition .

My past resolutions didn't make it long and so I stopped even pretending to make them. In fact this is the first year I've made a New Year's resolution in this century and I have high hopes. Here's why.  In my Alabama family's version of dirty Santa, I picked up some diet pills and believe me when I say the battle for them was fierce. Also, while at my mom and dad's for the holidays I was introduced to the Just Dance video games and loved them, I may have become addicted with the Michael Jackson Experience being my very favorite one ( because I can actually beat my less rhythmically challenged sisters on "Thriller").  Shh...don't tell them but I think it might have to do with the hours I spent back in the day working on my zombie moves.

Although it wasn't nearly as much fun as competing with my three sisters, I did manage a couple of hours with the Wii this morning.  I popped a pill and haven't been hungry yet and have thus far managed to be nice and smile at all in my path. Since I am currently home alone it's been pretty easy, I guess when I have to be with people it might be put to the test.

Day 1 gets two thumbs up.

Here's hoping that 2012 is a stellar year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment