Monday, June 13, 2011

GLAMPEROUS





I have sent two of my four children (Ben is not really a child anymore but I couldn't leave him out) to camp this summer break, which officially began two weeks ago. In addition, three have gone to Vacation Bible School at our home church and the two girls are going to "camp" in a couple of weeks in Daytona.

I want to go to summer camp. I want to go somewhere, where the food is prepared for me and the day's activities are all lined up. Honestly,  I think I am of an age to truly appreciate a macrame plant hanger. Although I don't want to actually rough it. I am more a glamper than a camper. I need indoor plumbing and a bug/snake/bear free environment. Also, a spa and shopping fit well into my plan.

  I want to be with a group of peers with discussions of politics, religion, fashion, books, maybe even sports (well, good looking athletes might be interesting). The only topic off the table would be kids. You know I enjoy talking about my kids but discussing them on this trip would have the potential to:

           1. Make me feel that I have (s)mothered them by over-protecting
           2. Make me feel that I have failed by not protecting them enough
           3. Make me feel guilty that I have left them behind to do something on my own.
           4. Make me feel guilty that I wanted to leave them behind
       
I think the words "mother" and "guilt" are synonymous.
 

Seriously, don't you think it's a plausible business idea. It could be the perfect Mother's Day gift. I am thinking of calling it  Camp Mamaneedsabreakee.

No comments:

Post a Comment